Emerging Nonprofit Leaders Program
ENLP provided me with PERSPECTIVE on Richmond’s nonprofit landscape by introducing me to a NETWORK of talented, reliable, passionate peers. More importantly, it helped me understand MY ROLE within Richmond’s nonprofit sector and the potential we have to create positive impact when we use our connections for COLLABORATIVE GOOD. The leadership learnings I gained are relevant on a daily basis in my work . Thank you, thank you, thank you to a program that helps me improve our shared community by improving my professional and personal capacities.” – Inaugural Year Participant
Emerging Nonprofit Leaders is a dynamic eight-month experience for the next generation of nonprofit leaders in the metro Richmond area. In this engaging program, participants will have the opportunity to foster a deeper understanding of their leadership capacity, advance their understanding and practice of leading in the nonprofit sector, and strengthen their network of nonprofit colleagues. ENLP is part of the Nonprofit Learning Point program and is building a cadre of talented leaders for the future of our community.
In addition to participating in engaging sessions on topics including strategic leadership, organizational change, collaboration, and coaching others, participants will also have the opportunity to:
- Experience team building at “Challenge Discovery” – a program that provides hands-on learning in an outdoor course setting
- Develop relationships with other nonprofit leaders
- Increase awareness of their leadership through a thorough assessment process, including 360-degree feedback, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Step II, and the Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Benefit from individual leadership coaching, provided by professionals with experience in leadership development and nonprofit management
- Network between sessions by engaging in dialogue with the other participants and instructors
- Interact with exemplary nonprofit leaders in a forum where they share their experiences and perspectives
This program is for nonprofit leaders who:
- Are currently employed by a nonprofit in the greater Richmond area.
- Have the potential to make a significant future contribution to the nonprofit community through assuming higher and increased levels of leadership
- Show substantive history of involvement in the nonprofit sector through employment, volunteerism, or board service
- Have supervisory and budgetary experience and responsibility
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development, continuing education, and life long learning
Informational Sessions for class of 2013-2014:
- Tuesday, July 16th, 12:00-1:30pm
- Friday, July 19th, 9:00-10:00am
- Monday, July 25th, 5:30-6:30pm
7501 Boulders View Dr.
Richmond, VA 23225
Check out the organizations our Emerging Leaders serve!
View ENPL Organizations in a larger map