Certificate of Achievement
Nonprofit Learning Point offers students the opportunity to pursue a Certificate of Achievement in Nonprofit Management through completion of certified VCU coursework. The Certificate is signed by the President of the University and by the Executive Director of the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence (PNE) and follows the curricular guidelines of the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council. Please note that Nonprofit Learning Point’s Certificate of Achievement in Nonprofit Management is separate from the Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the Master of Public Administration program. The Certificate of Achievement has been awarded to hundreds of local and regional nonprofit professionals since 1997. Nonprofit Learning Point currently presents certificates once a year to “graduates” at the annual Fall conference. In order to be recognized at this event and receive the award, students should contact the NLP office at least one month prior to the conference (after completing the Certificate requirements).
Completing the Certificate Requirements
Please see NLP’s comprehensive list of courses to learn more about our focal areas and offered classes. To track your progress towards the certificate, please log in to your student account and view your “Completed Courses” by focal area under “My History” (or “Registration History”).
- A minimum of twelve NLP courses completed with a grade of A or B in each applicable course.
- Of the twelve required courses, a minimum of one course within each of the seven curriculum focal areas:
- FA 1: The Nonprofit Sector
- FA 2: Nonprofit Law, Ethics, and Advocacy
- FA 3: Organizational and Leadership Development
- FA 4: Fund Development and Communications
- FA 5: Financial Management
- FA 6: Human Resources Management
- FA 7: Program Planning, Management, and Evaluation
- Of the twelve required courses, a minimum of five elective courses, which may come from any of the focal areas or from supplemental courses in technology, conversational Spanish, and/or case management.
- Note: No more than three credits of supplemental courses may count toward the elective certificate requirements.
To access your official VCU transcript:
- Obtain your VCU ID number (V#) by logging in here and visiting the “My Account” or “Personal Information” page. Your V# will be listed at the top (V + 8 digits). If your V# is not listed or you are having trouble logging in, please contact our office.
- Click here to visit VCU’s eID search, where you will locate your VCU username and create a password and security questions for access to the VCU portal.
- Visit VCU’s homepage and log in to the “My VCU” portal to finish activating your online log-in.
- Select the eServices link in the upper left hand area of the page. Go to the student view and request your transcript.
*If you have difficulty setting up your “My VCU” Portal, please contact the VCU Help Desk at 804.828.2227.